The Dangote Group is one of the most diversified business conglomerates in Africa with a hard-earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting for the Position Below;
Job title: Senior Health and Safety Officer
Location: Obajana, Kogi, Nigeria
DCP – HSSE
Job type: Full time.
- Take responsibility for the implementation of the DCP approved occupational safety program; analysing and administering various components of the safety programs.
- Implement approved safety plans and programs in the Plant and monitor employees’ compliance with safety policies.
- Support in planning and promoting safety programs and conduct periodic assessments to identify program deficiencies.
- Assist in conducting safety drills at the Plant, in line with approved schedule.
- Evaluate hazardous conditions and recommend engineering controls, administrative controls, and/or use of personal protective equipment.
- Perform or assist with accident investigations as required and ensure prompt communication of recommendations to all concerned parties.
- Support in the execution of approved corrective action to prevent future incidents.
- Provide information to Compensation Administrators for timely processing of compensation benefits for injured individuals.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of safety activities and accident occurrences, and develop periodic reports to determine safety trends and needs.
- Conduct periodic inspections of DCP Plants to assist managers and supervisors in environmental, health, and safety compliance.
- Collect, analyse and maintain data essential for effective safety programs.
- Establish and maintain harmonious relationships with other employees, officials, external organisations, and representatives of Local, State, and Federal agencies.
- Participate in the conduct of basic HSE induction exercises for Plant employees, contractors and visitors.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or its equivalent in any science discipline.
- Membership in relevant safety institutes e.g. NEBOSH, IOSH, and ISPON.
- Relevant safety training from recognized safety Professional bodies such as BSC and ISPON.
- Minimum of six (6) years of relevant work experience.
- Adequate knowledge of the cement and/or manufacturing industry.
- Adequate knowledge of safety regulations.
- Ability to adequately analyse an incident and proffer valuable solutions.
- Ability to communicate incidences and emergencies clearly.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- High sense of responsibility and accountability.
- Private Health Insurance.
- Paid Time Off.
- Training & Development.
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified Candidates Should
Application Deadline: Not Specified.