Northwest Petroleum is an indigenous petroleum products marketing company with vast experience in the export, import, trading, storage and supply of cr
Approved FGN Crude Exporter with rapid expansion in Petroleum downstream retail expansion
We are recruiting to fill the Position Below;
◾Job Title: Junior Legal Officer
◾Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Main Key Responsibilities: –
- Support in the provision of internal advisory services on legal matters related to the operation of the company.
- Support dispute resolution function, and negotiations under supervision
- Support corporate activities to ensure conformity with the applicable laws.
- Assist in preparing and monitoring companywide compliance checklists
- Provide support in regularization of Annual Returns with CAC – Court attendance, Legal searches, and monitoring title perfection processes at applicable land registries.
- Act as the liaising officer with external counsel to follow-up and ensure quick closure on litigations
- Assisting in contract lifecycle management – preparation, drafting, vetting and negotiation of agreement
- Assist with monitoring and filling of completed contracts and other corporate documents.
- Assist with the preparation of board resolutions and extract of minutes, schedule of meetings etc.
- A minimum of LL.B, BL degree at Second Class (Upper Division) or above.
- 3-5 years Post Call (with 3 years in a law firm). At least 2 years oil & gas Industry experience is an advantage
- Leadership skills – Excellent Business Writing Skills
- Experience on engaging with relevant government, maritime, local content agencies, etc.
- Good relationship management and communication abilities for interaction with internal/external parties.
- Proactiveness with a high sense of confidentiality is most crucial.
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified Candidates Should Click Here to Apply Online.