ELPER was incorporated as a company in July 1996 and since then has provided various services offshore and onshore to some of the leading International Oil companies present in Nigerian through their partnership with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).
Headquarter is in Lagos and liaison offices are in Abuja and Port Harcourt. ELPER is certified to 1S0 9001:2008 Quality Management System.
We are recruiting to fill the Position below;
◾Job title: Marine Operations Officer
◾Location: Lagos, Port Harcourt
- Contribute to the overall achievement of the company HSSE performance and “Goal Zero” objectives.
- Develop both long-& short-term marine barging strategies for service improvement and to reduce operating costs.
- Operationalise the maritime controls from the Hazid/Hazops into critical task and critical activities through the development of the Marine barge operations manual.
- Ensure all recommendations and actions from the Hazid/Hazops are robustly implemented and maintained.
- Develop, implement, and own the Soku and Gbaran jetty information booklet.
- Create timely GMAS clearance request to ensure agreed positive vetting protocols are followed and approval is received prior to barging operations and records maintained.
- Work closely with the vendor to:
- Plan and co-ordinate optimal barge movements through a barge monitoring and communication system to track barge movement and robust actions required if the passage plan is not followed taking into consideration all possible scenarios.
- Develop and implement the safety and operations checklist required as recommendation from ISGOTT.
- Develop a system to accurately account for the barrels transported daily for tariff-based payment over a 30-day period supported by vessels ullage reports and other documentation.
- Plan Marine vessels and Mother tankers SIRE program and ensure agreed validity is maintained.
- Plan mooring and loading system maintenance aligned with the Soku production downtime.
- Monitor and verify All hoses, fenders, mooring lines are tested and certified in accordance with the agreed plan.
- Bridge the emergency response plan of the vendor, marine barge operators and mother tanker with the company emergency response plan for the operational areas under coverage.
- Liaise with Government agencies to ensure compliance with government regulations and application of appropriate tariffs and port dues by the vendor.
- Bachelor of science in a petroleum industry field.
- 5 years experience in Bulk petroleum terminal handling.
- In-depth knowledge of ISGOTT and the application of various recommendation.
- NEBOSH or ISOH certification.
- BOSIET/ HUET certification.
- OSP certification
- Certified port facility security officer (PFSO).
- Terminal officer with terminal HSEQ safety certification.
- ISM Lead Auditor or HSSE & SP auditing(skill level)
- Certified Occupational health and safety professional.
- Upstream and Downstream experience.
- Vessel Quality Assurance experience.
- Marine Logistics organization advantageous experience.
- Cost management experience.
- Vessel planning, berth fit and vessel mooring experience.
- Exposure to processes of vessel Quality Assurance.
Method of Application:
interested and qualified Candidates Should Forward their CV to email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail to