Mechnical Technician at Northwest Petroleum Limited2 min read
Northwest petroleum is an indigenous petroleum products marketing company with vast experience in the export, import, trading, storage and supply of cr
Approved FGN Crude Exporter with rapid expansion in Petroleum downstream retail expansion
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
◾Job Title: Mechanical Technician
◾Location: Lagos, Onisha
Perform a variety of tasks pertaining to fabrication, installation, maintenance, repair, and service of mechanical equipment, instruments and structures used within the plant.
Main Key Responsibilities: –
- Maintain (test, inspect, adjust) and repair line equipment proactively in line with approved maintenance targets to assure of line efficiency, equipment availability and to minimize losses and risk.
- Ensure conformance with environmental and safety requirements commensurate with executing required instrument maintenance or replacement activities.
- Responsible to tests, maintain and repair all measuring, recording and other mechanical equipment/instruments to ensure accuracy and effectiveness.
- Remove defective instruments from system, decontaminate, disassemble, and clean and reassemble instruments, and replace defective parts, using hand tools.
- Documenting processes and maintaining mechanical service records.
- Monitoring the availability of parts and replenishing supplies.
- Developing and implementing mechanical maintenance plans to prevent costly equipment breakdowns.
- Ensure compliance with EMS/OHSAS/QMS and other statutory/organizational requirements.
- Participate in plant safety, health, and environmental programs.
- B.Eng. or B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering with professional mechanical/engineering certification
- 6 – 10 years of relevant work experience in maintenance field of a hydraulic systems
- Experience in a maintenance / construction engineering role in the oil and gas industry
- General knowledge of the equipment, methods and processes used in the oil industry
- Knowledge of computer skills, good communication and organizational skills.
- Fully conversant with Mechanical safety rules
- Ability to be a self starter with minimum supervision and team player
Method of Application
Interested and qualified Candidates Should Click Here to Apply Online