The Dangote Group is one of the most diversified business conglomerates in Africa with a hard-earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
Applications are invited for the Position of a security Officer. Location is Obajana, Kogi, Nigeria, DCP – Operations Job Type: Full time Job ID: Security-Obajana-003
Ensure security of plant’s facilities, assets, installations and personnel in assigned work area.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Mann assigned area and keep watch over facilities, assets, personnel, etc.
- Monitor entry and exit of persons and check to ensure available authorization.
- Conduct activities in adherence with approved security policies and procedures.
- Handle all security incidents, requests/ emergencies at assigned locations and escalate to Head, Plant Security where necessary.
- Provide first level fire-fighting support in the incidence of fire breakout at the plant.
- Document activities and maintain accurate, up-to-date records of security incidents.
- Monitor security-related issues in assigned areas and promptly escalate to Security Supervisor for resolutions.
- Participate in security incidents investigation.
- Provide guidance and assistance to less experienced Security Officers (where necessary).
- National Diploma or equivalent qualification.
- 20 years experience in industrial security/Government Intelligence Agencies/Armed Forces.
- Skills and Competencies
- Basic understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- A sound understanding of DCP’s security requirements and ability to deploy best-fit systems.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of security systems and law enforcement practices.
- Sound knowledge of physical and security risk management approaches
- Ability to think strategically and holistically
- Very good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to pay adequate attention to detail
Method of Application
Interested and qualified Candidates should Click Here to apply Online